Department of Orthopedics
The department of Orthopedic surgery has different units for round the clock patient care especially in the accident and emergency, with Consultants, Registrars, trained orthopedic nurses and operation theatre personnel. The two divisions are headed by Dr. Biju Jacob Abraham MS(Orth), FRCS Ed and Dr. Sujit Jos MS (Orth) MCh (Orth), MRCS Ed. deals with joint replacements, state of the art Arthroscopic procedures and 24 hours accident and emergency care.
- 24 hours accident, emergency and trauma care- Fracture fixation during the Golden period leads to less complication.
- Round the clock operation theatre availability
- Joint replacement surgeries for all the major joints of the body with imported as well as budget joints
- Arthroscopic ligament reconstruction in the knee joint- ACL, PCL, multi-ligament injuries
- Arthroscopic meniscus repairs- “Save the Meniscus” Campaign
- Arthroscopic shoulder stabilization- for recurrent dislocations- arthroscopic bankart latarjet procedure
- Arthroscopic rotator cuff repairs
- Imported Laminar flow operation theatre with body exhaust system used for all joint replacement and other ultrasterile procedures
- Ortho-dedicated Operation suite with latest guided air-flow system (Johnson & Johnson, USA) – to ensure the greatest degree of sterility & reliability
- An isolated ICU system handled by specially-trained cardac nurses – with the latest of equipments to handle all including tertiary cardiac emergencies & positioned adjacent to the main OT complex – ensuring anesthesia cover full-time in case of any need .
- Separate OT suite – to handle any Septic / infected or contaminated cases.
- Separate Accident & Emergency wing functioning 24 X 7 – which includes a full-fledged Resuscitation room & two other operating suites besides a 5-bedded “Trauma ICU’ dedicated exclusively to handling Trauma.
- Smith & Nephew Arthroscopy system (USA) – entire range to deal with all problems including Arthroscopic surgeries of smaller Joints such as wrist, elbow, ankle etc
- Arthrocare Radio-frequency ablator (USA) - the best in the market
- Stryker drill & saw system (USA) – for precision surgery as in joint Replacements.
- Full component of equipments – to handle Revision joint replacement surgery (Replacement surgeries done before that have malfunctioned for some reason including infection
- Four types of SURGICAL packages – General Ward, Non-AC single room , AC single room & Super-deluxe – so as to cater to all groups of SURGICAL patients without compromising on quality
- Dedicated “Ortho-Physiotherapist” – so rehabilitation after injury / surgery is targeted precisely which is particularly helpful in sports injuries.
- Dept of Microbiology – with latest Ultra modren equipments
- Dept of Pathology – with all facilities including for intra-operative FROZEN SECTION Biopsy – which enables a quick determination of infection status from an operative wound in case of doubts / unequivocal picture.
- CT Scanner – latest with full-time interventional radiologist well-trained in all diagnostic modalities.
- BLOOD BANK – with all facilities including component extraction etc
We offer 4 categories / Packages of treatment – based on affordability – so as to make our treatments universally affordable with NO COMPROMISE IN QUALITY AT ALL .
In addition we have ‘INTERNATIONAL PACKAGES’ – for our International patients